Rational medicines use
Welcome to this first session of Rational Medicines Use (RMU) in which we define the concept and its origins. The session will also help you to understand the reasons underlying irrational use of medicines, and explore the consequences of irrational medicine use for individual patients but more importantly on our health systems. During the session, in addition to watching an introductory video, you will undertake some reading and activities on RMU to prepare for a facilitated online discussion. Refer to your Study Schedule for the timing of this event.
Session 1 will cover the following topics:
- Introducing rational medicines use
- Reasons for irrational medicines use
- Consequences of irrational medicines use
- Why does irrational use of medicines persist?
- Session summary
- References and further readings